New Program - Iaido
Soul of the Warrior
The sword was considered the most iconic expression of the warrior. Indeed in Japan it was called the soul of the Samurai.
Learn the rarely taught art of Iaido (Way of the Sword), taught by 4th degree black belt David Overby.
- Classes are by necessity small and instruction is primarily one-to-one.
- There are no competitions in Iaido and progress depends on self-development through learned sequences of movement (kata).
- Initial practice will use the wooden sword (bokken).
- As mental and physical skills develop the practitioner will move to an iaito (a dull sword with the same weight as an actual Samurai blade).
- In time a sharpened sword will be used but only within the context of cutting tests (tameshigiri).
- There will be periodic tests to determine skill level. All tests are conducted directly by Soke.
Whether you are a layperson seeking to enhance your quality of life or an advanced practitioner of martial arts wishing to delve deeper into the roots of Japanese martial arts.
Classes are held on Tuesdays from 3 PM to 4 PM.
One time sign up fee of $35 plus $60 per month for classes.
For more information, please contact Roger at email@example.com.
Scottsdale Martial Arts Center Tuition Policies - Updated
Effective January 1st, 2017, Scottsdale Martial Arts Center will be making the following changes to our tuition procedures and policies;
- Monthly tuition will be due BY the first of the month versus due ON the first of the month.Tuition will be deducted 3 to 5 days prior to the first of the month. This is to ensure that Scottsdale Martial Arts Center can continue to offer competitive pricing without requiring our students to sign contracts.
- Student withdrawals must be submitted in writing and received by the 15th of each month in order to cancel a students membership. Any cancellations turned in after the 15th of the month will not take effect until the following month. For example; if a cancellation form is turned in on Dec. 17th a student will be billed on Jan. 1st and their membership will be cancelled on Jan. 15th.
Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions, comments, or concerns.